Monday, April 27, 2015

More Benson, Arizona Exploring





              Since starting this Arizona page I am often very positively surprised at the vast amount of breath taking sights to Explore just miles from home.  I hope to check out sights all across this amazing state as my bank account and time off work grows.  My very picture filled post about a huge hike through the Grand Canyon will be posted very soon!    I have an ever increasing list of places to check out.  Many of them close to home.  But some times it's just as fun to grab your dog or hike partner and jump in your vehicle and just drive.   On this sun filled day, Butch and I once again found our selves Exploring Benson.   In June we will have lived in the area for two full years.  O how does time fly so fast!?   I hope to do a very picture filled post on some of the best I Benson has to offer.  And how little the area has really changed through this time.   For much more Exploring, gallons of coffee love, and random rambling please also check out my first and longest running blog page at
    www.wyomingjack.blogspot.com


                                                         Mr. Butch ready to Explore!!
                                               He has been to the vet a lot in the past few weeks-
                                             we hope and pray for a full and quick recovery!
                                          Good hikes are just not the same with out him.


So many trails
So little time!


If you turn between the local Denny's and Jack in The Box
just past the motel the paved road ends.

I finished my brew from the new --local actual coffee joint
*full thoughts on this place coming soon*
Cliff notes: I like the place!
Put on my hiking boots, switched to water, and than we set off. 


Trail marker?




Last time we ventured to this area was after lots of rain.
When much of Benson was trying to flood. 
I have pictures of this of course too.
Anyways Butch found a cooling home in a huge mud puddle and almost could not get back out 
of the deep mud on his own.   Above is the after math. 
I had our old car on that day and had to call my wife to bring the truck 
because I would not let Butch back in our car.  ;)


The vast variety of clouds this area has to offer always amazes me too.



        The vast and amazing--at least  to me amount of vegetation in this area always impresses me too.  I try to post new examples of pretty blooming in each and every post.  And am often surprised that no two examples I find are the same. 






I was more than a little surprised to see billboards for this Tucson resort so far this direction. 
Although they line the highway far before you come into to Tucson from the Phoenix  direction. 


We started by continuing to the left. 


I have many adventures involving rail road tracks. 
I know it is not the safest idea  but 
in the summer time I find nothing better than walking 
a long set of tracks.  

Some great art for the train passengers.


Rest time!


Above our resting spot.


Yet another sign to ignore.  Or follow I mean.



Beyond leads into greater Benson  near Safeway.


Butch was soon ready to move on....








Off toward them there hills!




Great old tunnel under the R R tracks.





Just on the other side of the train tunnel
Almost looks like lots of bags of drugs.





Just to the left of this is again the rail road tracks. 



















Next a visit to the Pima County Fair!






   

No comments:

Post a Comment