Monday, December 18, 2017

Tombstone Revisited




      Hello fellow Explorers!   I have been trying to showcase all of my pictures from my recent trip back home to Wyoming and beyond here --and keep my page up to date and fresh and from Amazing Arizona.  With the holidaze and everything else, I have not been posting much here.  Luckily there are over 100 posts on this very page for you to Explore and tell your friends about!   As always I hope you enjoy reading these picture filled posts as much as we enjoy Exploring and taking the pictures.  Both are huge stress relievers for me  for sure.    I hope to go on a long hike tomorrow---although I am not sure where I will be starting yet.   I will be coffee filled for sure and will as always be getting lots of pictures where ever the trail may lead me!    For more up to date pictures and Exploring please also check out my long running blog sight at  www.wyomingjack.blogspot.com   

    

Coffee Tombstone style
With my new Wyoming hat

  A few weeks ago the youngest and I ventured again to wonderful Tombstone

e!   It is literally just down the road from our house --maybe 12 miles away.  And we have been there a lot.  Always an adventure for sure!   And some how, like Bisbee, I always find something new to take pictures of.  This trip followed suit   leading us to several locations we have never been before.   I easily have a dozen posts from this amazing town on this very blog page.   Just type Tombstone into the search to Explore them all with us!  

  Our youngest had been wanting to have coffee with me for awhile now---and I had not had tome away from work to take him with.   I wanted to go somewhere very Kool, so we set on Tombstone.    Sadly the best coffee shops and eateries I know there are closed right now.   So it was a bit of an adventure in itself to find coffee that did not come from Circle K. 


We did find a worthy coffee place. 
Although it was about the 4th place we went. 



And every time we visit this town, that is to tough to die   we get at least one picture of the old court house. 


We had no plan this trip except to get good coffee.
So some time to enjoy the sun and coffee in the city park seemed an ideal start. 
With winter actually kicking in here in the desert, for about a week, 
and it saying it will be near 30 outside tonight, we were wishing for some more of that sun today. ;)



I always enjoy a well written sign.
This is on one of the local great restaurants.


Quick walk up and down the main street. 
Closed to traffic as always.


Thought we were going to have to settle for this beverage for a brief minute.
But they deliver~!

\
Found a great seat and rock to paint  downtown near
the library.

So I will touch on this more very soon, but painting rocks and hiding them for others to find, is really big around here and across the country it seems right now.   We have gotten into the spirit.  And found a few rocks on this walk about too.   
Our youngest was really excited.
But than a lil put out at the same time, because he didn't want to get into the whole rock thing, it was supposed to be a me, my wife, and daughter thing--not his   as he put it.  
But at the end of the day he was hooked too!
As I said I will post about all of this fun more very soon. 


Painted rocks we found on this day!

With the help of a friendly local gentlemen. 


Right about here I found a sign for the guest ranch.
We had never been here before, so we loaded up in the car and headed that direction.
Mostly because it was some two miles away.
This was in an RV park.
I wish i had fully cut out the RV to the right.  


Few shots on the way back to the car. 



Not sure what this marker is for
but he really wanted to climb it!


Almost to the guest ranch.  
Actually this place looked really kool   but we had limited time to Explore on this day.
Right about here---some British tourists stopped us, they were very excited, I thought they wanted directions---something I was not really prepared to give. 
But they wanted to tell us all about all the deer they saw just up the road!


You can stay here    ride horses   walk trails   the whole experience. 

We mainly just checked out the amazing sun set!




From the large parking lot.



Again I am a sucker for a well written sign.
Especially if the names amuse me.  
The rooms are fashioned after old time buildings inside and out. 
And this hangs just outside one room.  

Tombstone has Boot Hill and some other great cemetery's but we 
had never passed this one before.  
I love a good cemetery for sure.  






I believe this one may be trying to escape!


Back in Benson Arizona.
Smack in the middle of down town. 
Beside the old train depot turned visitor center. 


So I have not done this segment in awhile---because I have not to many places in months that go above and beyond in service.   I was listing a business each post for awhile, but have not done some in quite a long time. 
Dickies BBQ Pit just opened up in Benson
and it is amazing.  
I had not heard of the place before it came to our town.  
But we have been there twice and the food was super good!
The above chicken sign I found in the bathroom and needed a picture of it. 


I took a ton of pictures while I was back home in Wyoming and beyond.  And am 
slowly showing them off on this very page.
This is one of my favorites from that trip. 

As always
**HAPPY TRAILS!!**



























2 comments:

  1. Great story! First I have read from your blog. Will be following it now. (We painted two of the rocks you found. 😊)
    Kelly Hinman
    Tombstone Living-TsRocks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your support! I have been doing this for awhile. Have 100+ posts on this page. Had a similar page while we lived in Washington state and the kiddos were younger and would all come with me. Now they are all teenagers. I have been trying to get the word out on this very page, but have been so busy -well all year long. Again thanks for reading!!

    ReplyDelete