Thursday, April 12, 2018

Benson Arizona

                           In front of one of the motels--actually the whole property is nice.  


Another coffee fueled trip of course!
And yes I picked up the coffee cup--after this shot.
I have actually gotten flax about such pictures---but I always pick up the cups---if they are empty of coffee or not.   They usually are not empty.  
Just after I took this picture a lone coyote crossed about 350 in front of me.  


            Just before my recent big road trip I snuck off for a quick Exploring hike here in town while I probably should have been packing.  I only took a backpack of items on my road trip, and I really needed to clear my mind in the desert on this day it seems!  I have been to this area before with the kiddos---in fact there is a past Exploring blog post all about it, but we could not stay long because we ran into a band of hobo's hunkered down in the old mostly abandoned buildings.   No squatters on this day, and no kids with me, so I had time to get some more pictures.  Not that I don't always get lots of pictures for my posts!   I would like to say this will be a short post---but I have said that before, and than they always seem to greatly expand once the pictures and explanations are written.   This is still not the post I was planning on doing next   but at this point I am just happy to be posting!    Please look through this page I now have 100+ picture filled Exploring blogs mostly around Amazing Arizona!

    



Empty and old buildings have always drawn me. 
Like I said you kind of have to watch out for squatters.   And steep around 
broken beer bottles and such if you go in any such buildings.
But on this day -no people were around.  






Several neat buildings on this sight and what looks like an old junk dumping spot.
And the old trees snarled all around.







Main house  
Not sure how lucky that horse shoe was










Kind of elegant prose usually saved for bathroom stalls!





Time for a bit more trail








Over the rail road track


I still believe this is one of the best sights on an extra hot or summer day!


Few warning signs


Followed a dry run off for a little bit.
That red metal in the back ground is a car door.







Have you seen The Thing?
There is a blog about it on this very blog page! 
I have heard they are changing and updating the whole museum/tourist trap.
So maybe you have not seen the thing---what will be the new thing.

Back were I parked
One of the old now empty fast food places.



A little bit later back at the homestead in 
ST David Arizona.  







So to find the above pictures for tonight's post---I came across this one from my recent road trip.  
Some where in the middle of Montana we saw this photo opp.
A lot could be said about this picture
But it is easily one of my favorites from the trip!

























No comments:

Post a Comment