Friday, August 28, 2015

Happy Valley Waterfall



       Welcome back!    As always for more Exploring, adventure, and coffee love   please check out my first and longest running blog page  at:     www.wyomingjack.blogspot.com.       In fact I posted a blog post on that page earlier this morning. 
  This very page is  in seek of more readers.  I am very happy to report that my last post on ST David already has 100 views!   Please share this page   and keep the views coming.  I have a ton of new pictures and posts in the works!  



      Last week I learned that there was a waterfall close to us.  We lived in Washington state before moving here, and I am still getting used to not seeing water every where I turn.  Including constantly falling from the sky!  We have been here three years now, and I find myself still getting used to it.  That said, any time my desert Exploring takes me to water, I take lots of pictures.  I also recently heard there is a lake in Wilcox, so that is now on my Exploring list of to do's.  I wish to learn for certain if a lake is this close to us, or if it is more like a drainage pond. 


    On this day I decided to venture out to the waterfall.   I had hoped that the recent storms would make it really flowing.  But found a small trickle.   Possibly a good thing because our truck with four wheel drive is back in the shop.  This is mostly down a dirt road and I am not sure our little pickup could have gotten me home, if a big storm came through.  With the wash board roads and run offs.   Although this dirt road starts off very very well maintained.  And maybe even smother than the near by section of I-10. 

  
 
Neat cloud shot from our front yard before venturing out to Explore.
 
To get here, especially after a heavy rainfall, just jump on I-10 heading to Tucson and get off on the Mescal  J-6 exit
you than turn right.  And just keep going. 
Near the exit off ramp is a very nice little store with gas.
And a bar or two. 
I have not yet ventured to either bar  but they might be a great stop after my next
trip to the waterfall. 
 
 
Right about these old buildings  this turns into a dirt road. 
 
 
Turns out these buildings are movie props.
The whole area being part of Old Tucson studios.
The road is blocked off and has many do not enter signs.
It also turns out I some times choose not to read to well, and ventured a little closer.
 
 
 
 
 
It also turns out that there are care takers that live on the set.
So this is as close as I got to any of the buildings.
I than was being watched by several people and made a quick exit to my truck.
 
 
I always enjoy a good windmill.
The older the better!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I must note here that I was told to go till the end of the road and than hike.
This is NOT true.
And you soon end up around a good deal of homes.  In fact I am not sure where the road actually does dead end. 
The road does become more like a dirt road at some point about mid trip.
Full of rough wash boards and such.
BUT  at the point pictured above  just to the left is a parking area
THIS is were you wish to park.
 
Some more sights along the way.
 
 
 
 
You pretty much circle the mountain range to get to the parking area. 
 
 
The area is also an open range. 
 
 
This happy little guy was happy that I "mooed!" at him. 
 
 
 
 
This is past the waterfall. 
But I was not aware of this fact at the time.
 
 
 
 
 
 
Time to Explore!
It is a very quick trip once parked to the water.
The surrounding hills look like they wish to be Explored.
But I was on limited time on this day.
And I am really not a fan of snakes
so I stayed on the trail.
 
 
By the water I saw more than enough snakes to keep me moving fast. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
As I said  there was just a trickle of water on this day.
But it was running water!
The rock formations are just high enough  after a big storm I could
see real potential in this being an amazing sight. 
I must note here 
that the rocks are all super slippery even with dry feet.
 
 
 
 
 
I was also very happy that even with the standing water
I ran into no mosquito's on this day.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I always take to many pictures when I actually stumble across water in the
desert, so please bare with me. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
At the top of the beak   just off the trail.
Look at them boulder holders!
 
 
 
 
Back on the dusty trail.
 
 
 
View from our yard again
Same tree  near the end of the fine day.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Next some local live concert action.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment