Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Back In Bisbee!




      Good news--- I have found a file I thought was long gone with many Exploring pictures.  We now  have two vehicles --so I can ultimately Explore more, work and life permitting of course.  And I am about to take off several long stretches from work, so should be able to get some great pictures.  Although my biggest trip involves going back home to Wyoming, so will be mainly "beyond Arizona."   But still cool.    Now to just have time to post --post---post!    Please help me out by sharing this very Exploring blog page if you find you enjoy it.   

  On one of my days off work last week I stayed up all night and got some rare, for me, sunrise pictures.   And than jumped in our rig and did it my way and hit the highway.   I wished for a mind clearing hike after my driving on this day, but found the hike very beyond disappointing.  At least I had some great sights to look at and got some pictures.  Of course.  I hope the views to this here post do not disappoint me.  Although it is a short entry.   Thanks for being a reader, and as always   HAPPY TRAILS!!



   As I said this day started out early  and as I was packing a few supplies in our truck and guzzling some coffee--I noticed the glorious sun coming up.   So the first few pictures here are from our humble homestead.   Some where in the middle of no where  ST David Arizona.  ;)




     It had been raining every day at this point so the clouds were still deciding what they were going to do.    The clouds have been amazing all week long.   





I do not get sunrise pictures nearly enough
But am a firm believer that mornings would be better if they started later
Like around noon.




     As any morning or afternoon I needed coffee.   Especially after staying up all night to get an early start on the road.  And to get an early start in case the clouds decided to break  up and have the full on sun replace there spots in the sky.


My first stop was this fine place in Bisbee. 

One of several really good coffee places in the town. 
I explored the inside area a little bit again but all of the shops were still closed, and than 
left my car were it was----parking is not the easiest in this small town.  
For a quick adventure on foot while I sipped my fine coffee.  

I have been to this amazing town several times, and am always amazed at what new I find to view and Explore.   Several of my blogs are from this town   and I am sure several will be in the future.    
I had planned to make the street viewing short and hike in near by Tombstone Canyon, but more on this in a minute. 



      Just across the street from the coffee shop at the museum I have yet to actually go inside of.  
  Some day!     





Being a mining town still,   many signs tell you to keep out of about any area you are in.


    This town also has some great brew/pubs   but it was much to early in the day to think about such things.     To much. 


This town has an endless supply of art 


I last reported about finding and hiding rocks around the county and beyond and how many people were into it around here.  
I kind of laughed, until I found a painted rock a few weeks back.
Anyways, I was looking the whole time while in Bisbee    but was never sure what was part of someones yard or walkway or such.    


Another great drink    once it is to warm to drink coffee!


Even the vehicles here are painted.


Free store with some very interesting items. 
Set up around some heavily painted remains of buildings.
I did not get any closer   because on the couch to the far right was a 
sleeping homeless man. 
Maybe the free shop owner
but I was not about to find out.






Jam on!


I always enjoy a great sign.
But this one ruined my plans!

Painted right on the wall in front of several houses.



Local designers really put there heads into there work.

This was way up high   near the roof of  a very tall building. 
Kool things can be found at every turn in this amazing town. 


All bottle caps. 
Small part of the collection.
With my head as a shadow.
This shop was not yet open either.



          I than ventured back to the shops connected to the coffee shop and found a bottled water.  Payed way to much for it---for sure.   But this is Arizona and water is good!   And got back on the mighty road.  




    I thought I was then going to wind through Tombstone Canyon and find a good hike to get lost on.   I am fairly sure I did not take a wrong turn, but just seemed to end up in lower Bisbee.   But a part I had never visited before.   So not a full loss.   Were I found the above neat fire station.  And a windy road   but not a very long one.   I also found there was a Circle K in this part of town.   Were I will buy my bottled water and such on my next trip, for sure.   





  Later in the day the clouds came back and let down rain   full force!    
Flooding out the runoff/road leading to our house.    Luckily there is a back way to our home and the houses past us.   So no one was dumb enough to try a pass the fast moving water.  I seem to always be at work when this happens, so this was the first time I got to witness it here.   And of course I had to get some pictures. 



I now wish I would have gotten some live video too.





I have seen similar several times across the state
and it always amazes me how fast these areas go from dry to basically a running river.

Especially since I enjoy a good hike through the run off areas.  



The rain had just about stopped when the kiddos got off there school bus, 
and they asked why I had picked them up. 
I showed them these pictures, and they got it.

Just after we got home the rain started in again.

















No comments:

Post a Comment