Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Pioneer Park & Beyond



      Hello everyone!   I have finally had some down time to do some great Exploring and get many pictures, but have not had time to post here in a good while.  Yesterday our oldest wanted to have coffee with me so we had to go some where kool--and ended up in Tombstone.  The amazing town is about 13 miles from our home so we end up there a lot, and I have several Exploring blog posts from the town--picture filled of course.   But yesterday we ended up visiting some parts of town I had never been to before.   That post should be up soon.   And I will also continue on with my pictures and Exploring around Wyoming and beyond as I flew home a few months back.  I ended up getting 350+ pictures on that trip, so it is a multiple part series for sure.   Please check out all my old posts on this very page!   And share the links when you enjoy what you see!  

Wyoming -Montana and beyond picture filled posts in the works!

Bisbee Arizona
Another nearby town we love to Explore.
Please check out all my posts in this blog!
And for more current Exploring and pictures 
please check out my long running blog page 
at  www.wyomingjack.blogspot.com



    Last week I ended up with some down time and decided I needed a walk about in the desert.   Easy to do around here.   I was in ST David and drove to the old fire station before Pioneer Park.   I have been here before---there is a blog post about it on this very page of mine.   Apparently years ago a local school shop class put this park in town.   With lights and play ground equipment it was quite the project.   I am not really sure why the park stopped getting used as an actual city park, but it has been long abandoned.   Last time I went to visit, I had our youngest with us, and the park was very over grown with tall weeds.  I do not like snakes ---and snakes enjoy tall grass.   So we did not venture into the park to much.  Just got some pictures near the entrance----also on that day it was nearing dark, so the whole setting was more than a little bit spooky in all honesty.  Plus it kind of looks like this is a place to have bon fires and drink and such, and I wanted to be long gone before any of that set in for the night.     On this current day, the weeds were either cut or dead and I ventured fully into the park to get some better pictures.   It was also before noon, so not as spooky a setting.    Still pretty darn neat though.  


      I usually park here at the fire station.   Sometimes the gate is open---but the road gets pretty ruff quickly.   And on this day, when I ventured in the gate was open, but when I came back out the gate was closed and locked---so I was very glad that I just parked here.  


Salute!
This fire station usually looks deserted
but the flags are still hoisted every day.  



Along the fence line these people have one of everything old farm equipment wise on display.
This is just a small small portion of the kool stuff they have here.  
And basically every time we drive by --more metal is in the yard. 




As most Exploring in this part of Arizona
I was fully surrounded by distant mountains most of the trip.
I only had my cell phone camerae   so could not zoom in on the beauty to much.


Not sure if these spiders are fighting or mating?
Gotta love the desert!



Gates fully open just waiting to be Explored!





I was loving the old trees around the play equipment.






I have no idea how long this park has been out of use.  
But everything still seems to be in decent shape. 
Beyond some spray paint and loads of beer bottles. 

O the stories this equipment could tell.




Near the edge of the park. 




Back outside the park I decided to venture on.
I have been just up the trail and to the left
and down the water run off
and both are boring. 
So today, past what looked like a tree farm-I went right towards some smaller hills and 
what looked like ranch remains. 






All and all a nice little hike. 
Easy for sure. 
But worth it for the pictures. 
At least in my book!



















No comments:

Post a Comment