Saturday, March 31, 2018

Hoppy Easter From ST David Arizona!




      And finally a brand spankin' new post on my newest blog page!   We have been busy Exploring and getting new pictures--but greatly slacking on getting posts up on the actual page.  I do already have 100+ posts on this very page to roam through--and hope you enjoy those!   I hope to finish my serious when I went home to Wyoming and beyond--especially since that trip was last October.   Tonight's post is from a quick local Exploring trip just yesterday.   I had been roaming around beautiful ST David Arizona, a town we live in and a town I have several blog posts about already.   I had about an hour to kill before meeting someone for an item sale---and something drew me back to the local monastery.   We live about a mile from there--and I have several posts from there.    It is a very calming place and a great start off point for many local hikes---more walk abouts really.  And with Easter tomorrow it just felt right.    Please check out my other posts from around charming ST David and from the monastery.     Last quick note---last year there was constant talk about the whole place shutting down   ----I have not read what saved the place---but it seems to be very alive and kicking.   And very open.      For many more pictures of this area please check out my old blog posts.   You can enter key words in the search or just sit and read them all!


   I actually started this day across from the new Dollar General Exploring the water runway.   That is dry at the moment.   Like much of the land.  As often is the case here in this side of Arizona, you kind of have to hunt for graffiti.  Unless you see a train go by or course.  


Quickly greeted by this relic in the river bank.
Some neato finds can be found buried along water in the sake of soil erosion conservation. 
No matter how much the property owners supported this or were just to cheap to go to the local dump. 


Moonshine anyone?






Heart of ST David just in front of the post office. 






Free book box right by the post office
usually worth a stop




Memorial right off the main road. 
I have never stopped to look at.
I am not sure why so many Mormons choose to stay in this area, but there are a lot.
Not saying that is a bad or good thing.  
I was kind of intrigued by the large amount of space this memorial got...



Always greeted at the monastery even if you see no nuns or religious inhabitants about.
Although I have yet to get one to spread out it's feathers for me. 


I have yet to visit when this museum is actually open. 



But have been to the thrift shop several times. 


First sight at the parking lot.  
Or while driving by. 
Although again I have never been here when the book store or visitors center was actually open.  

Two great stone lions guard the entrance to this cross.
Here is my attempt to be pictured with one of them.  


Several ponds here---this one is the smallest
and houses some huge KIA fish.


Just up the hill   feeds into the small pond pictured above. 


Still used.
In fact there was a whole stack of Easter --cross books just inside the door for this weekend. 






Just behind the old church.
Among the start of many paths.
And wooded areas.  

You can also easily get down to the San Pedro River from this large property.  






This trail is always here---but seemed like it needed to be visited on this day. 







Each trail has lots of thinking and reflecting spots of course. 




Some old wood along the way.


So many trails   So little time!









Back up by the buildings.






On the way back to the car just before the rows of pecan trees.





Back at the Dollar General store waiting for my sale --
Had to run to the side of the building to get this shot.   






Not my picture--but holds true. 
Another Steven Adams that likes to Explore   
mainly in Arizona and mainly Route 66



The first two days of my recent big road trip were in Arizona. 
This is an old ghost town out of Apache Junction. 

Still processing all the pictures I took on the trip.  But these Exploring blog posts coming very soon!


Old Easter picture from maybe 2008?   
In Washington state.  





As always
HAPPY TRAILS!!










No comments:

Post a Comment