Saturday, August 11, 2018

Sierra Vista Revisited One Fine Day


    Hello fellow Explorers!   Just this past weekend I ventured on several mini road trips to nearby areas.   I have been to Sierra Vista and this very area in the past.  In fact there are picture filled blogs all about it.  On this day I had a rental car and got lost trying to cool off in the hills and trees.   As usual I took lots of pictures.  My heart and soul really needed these little day trips.   So please come Explore with me!


Out the motel window that morning. 
While it was still under 100 degrees outside.   Barley.







Soon after I got my rental car I took a wrong turn.
But ended up driving by this mural.


Quickly got my bearings and attempted to visit the local ranger station.
But alas it was Saturday and they were closed. 
A bit of a surprise since the flag was flying out front.  



I did roam around the parking lot long enough to take full use of my Arizona clothes dryer!

The spy blimp was up and flying. 
I have heard so many different stories about this blimp.  
But most believable is that it is for weather readings and or to assist the boarder patrol.
Whatever the reason it can be found in the Sierra Vista sky on almost any clear non windy day.


Exploring fuel!


Another great dirt road.
I so enjoy a long twisty dirt road.  The rougher the better. 
Although this rental car was not four wheel drive for sure.  ;)
About the only thing I enjoy more on a hot summer day
is a long set of rail road tracks to walk.




Further into the hills I found some amazing areas to Explore
but the owners signs and fences seemed to not be very welcoming.  






Although I have since heard stories about local bear sightings.  Somehow I did not believe this sign.
I did however see a ton of deer on my hike. 













So many trails  So little time.
Lots of trails spur out of this area.  




Duck pond.
The lower pond is full of turtles. 







As always   Happy Trails!!!

I hope to see some of you on the dusty trail some day soon.  









2 comments:

  1. I find the old ruins so interesting, I always wonder what was life like for those who lived there. The second to the last picture of the adobe house with the corrugated roof and skinny wood door looks just like Barrio Veijo, that little neighborhood just south of downtown Tucson. I lived there for a for many years in college and beyond. I loved to walk around just to see the cool buildings, its just my style.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh for some reason it doesn't say who I am, it just says "Unknown". So I will just tell you, Its Donna Thompson from Benson Chit Chat!!

    ReplyDelete